Thread: A Question on M
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Re: A Question on M

[ QUOTE ]
An example problem would be a hand like AJ,88,77,AT some hand like that you have about 13 bbs and someone raises from say middle position. Would it be profitable to go over the top all in. This is a stage in the tournament where blind stealing becomes important and he has made opening raises from middle/late position. So, do i make a move w/ the 88,AJ,AQ,AT,77,66 or do i fold and wait to do an opening raise. And should i do it with these hands with a smaller stack size where I have virtually no FE such as 6-7x the big blind where he's pot committed. Thanks for responding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably make those moves (at least with the AJ and pairs; AT I'm a little more wary of). If he knows the value of stealing, you probably have the best hand, and you're no longer at the point where you can avoid races. Maybe he folds or maybe he calls-- and you might be in trouble-- but you no longer have the luxury of waiting.
If my stack was shorter and I had no FE (I try never to let this be the case BTW) I'd probably still do it figuring that I had to take a shot at doubling up.

It's always better to be first in, though.