View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: ATs against an extremely passive fish.

I like to fold preflop. Definitely don't reraise.

Now you have CO cold-calling your reraise preflop, so he's going to have a pocket pair or a strong broadway connector, probably suited, something decent. He may have 66% VPIP but he knows there are two guys in front of him with strong holdings.

Now on the flop, since you've reraised with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], your continuation bet is huge... but still necessary I think. Sucks that you reraised preflop though. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The villain calls your flop bet and you improve on the turn, but now there are three broadway cards on board and three flush cards. It's not looking pretty. Since he called, he has something. I consider checking the turn, and hope the CO checks behind so I can see a cheap showdown. If he bets big I'm folding.

The opponent is passive... a bit of a calling station. If this is true, I think you can slow down and if he doesn't have anything, he'll slow down too. If he really wakes up with a big bet you can safely fold.