View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: When to Complete SB w/Garbage

Well my general goal when I play trash out of hte SB vs. a large field is "Flop big or go home", I don't really see the flop hoping to catch a part of it.

If you play like a 75s and flop a pair of 7's you are out of position against a large field with a very marginal holding (reverse implied odds).

So the point about a trash hand like say a 92o being worse as more limpers comes in is true but to a point.

You're basically saying, heads up a 92o can win by say pairing up the 9, whereas against a large field a pair of 9's will rarely win, which is totally true.

And I'm saying, the goal of completing with the SB is not to try to win with a pair of 9's but rather to catch a flop like A22 and win a big pot.

The fundamental question of scenario 2 of course is that catching a fat flop is very rare and thus you must have the right odds (both immediate and implied) to play.

my first live B&M experience I have 63o in the SB, every person at the table except one limps, so I complete, feeling I have the implied odds due to the fact these people will pay off a big hand the whole way.

Flop is X63 rainbow, for example.