View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: WSOP ME Report (long)

Hi Praying Mantis, of course I remember meeting you at the EPT.

I didn't want to make it sound like I felt I was that unlucky. He hit his flush draw, it wasn't a bad beat. It was devastating though because I was getting to the point where I needed to make a hand, which just happened to be top set, the nuts at the time, and he happened to have the only hand that I was vulnerable to.

But I certainly realize I was very fortunate go get to that point. I was lucky to flop some big hands and get paid off way more than was necessary. However, I had my share of unlucky spots too.

I was also lucky to get away from the JJ when 99 basically saved me by pushing preflop.

The pain after busting out came from the fact that I had gotten that far, gotten my chips in with the nuts, and would have been in good shape had I won that pot. I was deep enough that the real money was in sight. One of my first thoughts after busting was that not only do I have to wait a year to play this great tournament again, but it might be a loooooooong time before I'm fortunate enough to make it this far in the main event again. It might be 10-20 years, or longer, before I get that close again in the main event (and that is assuming I play it every year). With the field as large as it is, I may never get that far again in this particular tournament.

I'm sure things will start going your way in these big events at some point. I haven't had a chance to play with you yet, but from your posts you seem like a top notch player.

colson10