View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Nut flush draw w/ mid pair....

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you min-raising him on the flop? You should have juiced that way up. You have mid pair, probably an over card plus the nut flush draw. You should be willing to gamble here. You should have either raised to 20 or shoved on him and put him to the test. As far as calling his all-in, thats a tough one. He might have you beat. He limps his hand. That says that his hand isn't very strong since a LAG will likely raise any mediocre hand. AQ and KQ are out of the question. QJ and Q10 are very likely hands but even they seem to be raisable since he is a lag afterall. But those 2 are, along with Q9, the hands that he is likely to have that has you beat. The worst hand would be pocket 3s. NOW... hands that he would have that he would shove with are completely different. He might even be shoving you with J9 here on a open ended straight draw (or J9s for an open ended straight flush draw). 2:1 is a nice number. I'd gamble. But hey thats just me. A lay down isn't too bad either. However I'd say call.

[/ QUOTE ]

the call is not tough at all. we have enough equity over villain's hand range here. a laydown is awful.