Thread: When to fold AA
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 05:26 AM

Default Re: When to fold AA

Ick. MP2 could realistically have KK (or even AA) here, but a set is a real possibility; BB looks like he has either 2 pair or a set; I can't imagine him going this aggro with a pair of queens after a preflop cap. You're being asked to put in 2/20.75, or about 9.6% of the pot, but really this is going to get worse as it looks like we're going to be calling a couple more on the river (and if we're calling this we'll definitely have to see it through).

So the question is, how likely is he to have two pair instead of a set? I dunno the answer to this, but if he has two pair then we've got 8 outs to beat him with either aces up or a set, while another 4 cards kick our ass when we get 2 pair and he gets a boat. Meanwhile if either of them has a set then we're effectively drawing dead, but again it doesnt look like your opponents are going to let you see the river cheaply.

To be honest I really don't know the answer here, but it smells like a fold to me. I'm more interested in hearing others' opinions on this hand rather than giving my own ramblings here though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]