View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Discounting Outs

I apologize in advance. Played this hand the other night, and didn't save it, so I'm reconstructing from memory. Main question is how others would rate this hand post flop.

Was trying to figure out how many outs (and what to do) in the following situation (don't have actual hand history, so am recreating).

Single-Table NL Tourney, Early. Game is Very Loose.

Hero sits SB and is dealt 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Before Hero acts, 4 people call. With big blind and my small blind, I'm getting 11-1 on a suited connector, so it's clearly worth the call.

Flop comes down 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I get 15 possible outs -- 9 Diamonds, 3 Sevens (7d for the straight flush is already counted), and 3 Twos (Likewise, 2d is already accounted for).

However, some of these outs may be counterfeit (for example, anyone else with 2 diamonds), also, there's a slim possibility of higher straight draws.

I'm first to act. What would people do here? Check? Bet? How much.

I wimped out and checked. BB bets Minimum. Another player bets about 1/3 the pot, which is raised by the time it gets to me.

I'm getting about better than 3-1 for a call, and not much lower than that if I push and a couple of people call. Given the paltry number of chips I would have If I call and lose, it's a clear push or fold.

So, here're the questions -- How many outs do you rate this hand, and what would you do?