View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: There\'s a third time for everything

[ QUOTE ]

I'm as nitty as they get in this forum and I would jump at the chance to put my 3K on the line here.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true, Tommy, he is. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Your post seems to indicate that you had no specific read that this guy was exceptionally strong; you just said you weren't calling without the nuts when a guy bet 3000 into a nothing pot. That's not good enough, and in terms of the info you provided, this is a spot where I'd be very inclined to make that type of call, which I also would absolutely hate to make in general.

In fact, I laid down KK pre-flop to one reraise in the Bellagio 25/50 game (I'd link the post, but I can't find it just now). In that hand, I opened UTG for 200 in a 10-handed game, got a caller, and then a very good player pushed about 6000 into the pot. I knew that the good player viewed me as very tight, and I figured he "knew" I had a big hand, just hoped I had KK, and pushed his AA. You could make the argument that he could be pushing there with any ace, thinking that someone so tight would fold everything but AA, but I disagree. I just don't think people are willing to bank on other people laying down Kings before the flop (riverboatking's awesome bluff with A4 a while back notwithstanding). This is even more true when you're dealing with a relative stranger.