View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 08:30 AM

Default Re: defense of Joe Tall (since no1 seems to get his point)

Did you - or others answering to this post - read my post? Or why do u post it as an answer to my post?

You wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
Whenever we are playing poker, we want our villain to maximize his mistakes, and folding the BB against a raise is usually a mistakes (that is, if the player is tight, and not defending enough). Lets take a typical hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

And I wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
So, its not like we have to win more then Big Blinds post (0.5BB) each time we are called by the loose player. We just have to win more then 0.5BB minus what we gained in (A) and minus what we gained in (C).

[/ QUOTE ]

In what way was I wrong?

I dont know how to say this simple enough but: Even if we most of them time would prefer that BB folded instead of called when we are stealraising from button we could still prefer a player that called to much instead of a player calling 2 little, even if the misstake of calling to much was smaller then the misstake of calling to little. Its not like we are playing showdownpoker with a specific hand. We are talking about headsup against different players. This is what I discussed in my post.