View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: 200/400 bellagio AQo

You raised a limper. Your raise will not look like a steal to anyone albeit the limper is quite apparently a loose player. sb then makes it 3 bets. He is not restealing or thinking that you are raising lightly.

Yet, you 4 bet with Aq. I think that 4 betting with TT and AK here is a gimme. Not so sure about 4 betting with AQ. In this spot, there is a world of difference between Ak and Aq.

I suppose it's a good play if the other guy will drop AK on the turn if he is still pairless. But those kind of guys are few and far between once the pot gets so bloated preflop.

No one in this thread is even questioning the AQ 4 bet preflop. I am not saying that it's a bad play - but rarther that it is an iffy play.

If someone believes that 4 betting is clearly superior, please outline your reasons.

Why the heck would you want to raise. On the turn, raise if fish call. Just call if fish bolds to sb's bet. Then, on the river, you might want to put in a raise because by then, the dude will be too hesitant to 3 bet with AK and in too deep to fold his KK or whatever

Of course, (a) he may not bet his KK on the end and therefore you don't get a chance to raise or (b) be a player who will not bet the river unless he has an ace in which case you should obviously just call.