View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 07:27 AM

Default Re: Well I\'ve hit Rock Bottom

Hey Angelic_Ace sorry to hear things are going so bad for you. I think a lot of pros know that the 300bb bankroll stategy is flawed. It appears to me that you're playing with a small bankroll and way above your means. You should also understand variance.

Having shown a $0 profit this month should not cause you to go into a nervous breakdown. You must have some savings prepared in case this happens. FWIW, I've ran into some of the worst luck a few months back and had a month where I actually lost money for the month. This never happened to me in about 2 years that I've played semipro but it shows that it can happen. It helps now that I play with a super inflated bankroll for the limits that I'm playing so even a losing month doesn't affect me that much.

I don't think anyone ever said making 100K a year is easy, it has a lot to do with the limits you play though. Take a few days break and regroup. A lot of players have had stories when they've gone bust and had to regroup including myself earlier in my poker career. I almost gave it up at one point but thought it through that I was a winning player and a little setback is something that I'll have to accept.

Good luck with whatever you decide.