View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Couple HU hands and a couple HU PF decisions.

[ QUOTE ]
Well I don't really agree with your assesment that I'm not WA/WB. You merely said it was way off and then pointed out that I would take the same line with a different hand. That doesn't change the fact that I'm WA/WB. If he has an ace or a four...I have almost no outs.

You're right - I should have expressed myself more clearly. What I meant to say was that in all likelyhood you are way ahead. Assuming he 3 bets any decent ace you have the best hand a high proportion of the time, and the others, if he has a weak ace, you are often going to split by the time all five cards are out. Sure, he may have a four, it happens, and if it does you're just going to have to pay him off. But I really think that HU you have a very strong hand here, and the question then becomes how best to extract value from it, the answer to which IMO is to play it fast. People are much less willing to give credit for the ace here HU, assuming you are raising your SB with the correct frequency. I will peel that flop with all sorts of cards, simply for the fact that often when you do bet it you WILL have j9o, and by flat calling this dry board I can take it away on the turn when you check. The one time I will turbo fold quicker that you can whistle is if you check the flop. Although this seems counter-intuitive, the best way to get paid off is to play it fast and hope he does not give you credit and peels/ tries to pull a move.