View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: near the bubble in the party 75k; SB vs. BB

[ QUOTE ]
I'd prefer to define the hand a little earlier with a large checkraise on the flop, assuming he's disciplined enough post-flop to fold an okay hand. This would separate your hand a little bit in villain's mind from the typical half-pot-sized stab, which is essential given that your apparent steals of his blinds are still fresh in his memory, and his call of such a bet combined with his stack size doesn't say much.

Given the marginal post-flop situation, I would not put any more substantial money in the pot if he calls my check raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have been more clear; i hadn't yet messed with his blind. Do you think that checkraising the flop commits us to a showdown? i'm not sure if my stack is deep enough for that, although earlier in the tourney that would definitely have been my line.

You're right when you say his flop call doesn't say much. he could easily still have an overpair, waiting to pop the turn. I was trying to end the hand on the flop(which a c/r would have accomplished better, although at more risk). when he called, and i still had no info on his hand, i wanted to keep the pot as small as possible, and just try to get to showdown without risking significant chips.