View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Re: Question about taxes....

[ QUOTE ]
Don't cash out more than 17,000 in a year and you are considered under poverty level and wont get audited by the IRS. Don't move more than $999.99 a week into US bank accounts and it does not get logged by the bank and sent to the IRS. And when transferring to offshore account, use check and not wire transfer. There are all tips I got from a lawyer friend I was talking to about taxes yesterday >< If you do move 10,000 into your bank account however, you are going to be responsible for taxes on that, if it is still in your partypoker account it is NOT YET liable, I think partypoker operates under the government of Gibraltar, and if you read their privacy policy, the money in your account on party actually still belongs to them, and they have the right to not pay you out if you do not meet certain criteria they specified when you made the account (very rare, but wrong information, age, other fraudulent situations, etc)

BOTTOM LINE: Leak it a little at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I haven't read anything past here, but this "advice" is awful. Moving money "a little at a time" is called structuring and is very illegal. You might want to tell your lawyer friend to look it up sometime.