View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Re: How does only looking at showdown hands bias your sample?

99 percent of all statistics are misleading including this one. As a newbie, focus on position first. That K9 suited looks good but not UTG. I have followed several thousand statistics just to observe the comparison of any change. After 3000 hands or so any one percent change means you are doing something different. Showdown stats can be skewed by winning two or three sitngos because you an showdown a hundred hands per hour and its like a crapshoot. The only statistic that counts is the dollar swing. If your bankroll goes down consistently, fast or slow, you are making major mistakes. If it rollecoasters you are making major mistakes. Not in a week or two, but over thousands of hands. IMHO stats mean little. Some strong players probably have a under 50 show down and some have 60+%. IT depends on your style, and the games you pick. If i am in a schooling room, which I love, I play lots of losing hands but gtf out with inuition as coin said that is just experience. Just watch those other players and dont judge them too quickly. I have been judged as the fish after 10 orbits or so and then killed the table many times. Well hi everyone, I have been lurking quite a bit but this is what I was looking for. The board makes you think and rethink what is important. Statistics may be very important, but very easy to misinterpret.