View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: 25-50 commerce.....interesting decisions on all streets.

I don't play this high so keep in mind I may have no idea what I'm talking about....

There are a couple things I don't like here. First is the size of your checkraise. Button's call of the 300 looks like he might be drawing so, if MP calls your checkraise, his odds to call the 800 more for a draw aren't horrible assuming he can get some more money out of either your or MP when he hits. If you had checkraised larger than the pot size (say, 1700?), I think you can get headup against just one of the other two who would be holding either a big draw or a made hand (overpair, two pair, bigger set-ugh).

Then after you checkraised the flop, why did you check the turn? I really feel like somebody is drawing here and, unless they had 43, they didn't get there yet. I don't want to give a free card to a heart or another straightening card that could put me to a very tough decision on the river.

Personally, I think I'd lead the turn (~2/3 pot) and fold to a raise. If flat called, I'd check/call a reasonable bet on a non-scary river and throw out a blocking bet on the river to a scary card and fold to a reraise. If a heart came that paired the board on the river, I'd make the same blocking bet and hope somebody came over the top so I could go allin and lose to quads.

I'm primarily a small stakes player so feel free to point out any serious flaws in my thinking here.