View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Course of Action: Starting Internet poker. Questions..(Long)

Why don't you just have your friend cash out the 280 and give it to you to deposit in neteller. The problem with doing an account transfer is that you can't get the bonus for doing this(pretty sure this is the case, not 100%). So essentially you will be getting a 40 dollar bonus for the 200 bucks you deposit, and nothing from the 280 bucks you transfer.

As far as the parents go, buy card player, and Bluff and leave them laying around the house. Watch the WSOP when your in the living room when your parents are around. Eventually one of them will pick up and browse through the articles, or stop to take in a few minutes of the TV broadcasts. Most people that look down on poker are just ignorant and picture some shady baloni like the stuff seen in rounders, or lockstock or something. Several people make income off poker. They pay bills, they pay mortages, they pay taxes from their winnings. If your parents realize this, I'm sure they will loosen up a bit. I think a big fear is that you will rack up debt to dangerous people and drop out of school or something. You can't rack up debt(something alot of people don't understand), so just make sure you keep up with the studies.

It sounds like you want to get serious with playing. So eventually you do want to get PT/PA and get some incentive for playing. The sooner you can get "incentives" the better. Those are free. PT should come when your bankroll can afford it. Alot of new players are not familiar with how bad variance can be, so learning to manage your roll is a big priority. At the stakes you are playing, I think you will always want to be above 500 bucks. So hold off on PT for now.

You want to always have money in more then one place to make sure you can always take advantage of reload bonuses. These are a huge help for people with small bankrolls.

Also, you can clear out your neteller, it doesn't have to be 1/2. So if you get 500 bucks in it, you will be able to deposit all of it into party and get the 100 dollar bonus.