View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 03:26 PM

Default top set w/ horrible river in Bellagio 4/8

almost full table

folds to me in MP, I raise J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

a guy 2 behind me on the CO who has been doing a lot of loose cold calling preflop, but is overall pretty good postflop, cold calls, folds to the the drunk BB who 3 bets, I 4 bet, call, 5 bet, we both call. At this point I have the drunk BB guy on AA-QQ, MAYBE AK, as he hadn't been aggr before this what so ever. I don't think he would even be good enough to 5 bet with AK, so basically I think his range is AA-QQ, more so towards AA than anything else.

flop comes J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB leads, I raise, both call

Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] BB leads, I raise, both call

River T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB looks back at his hand and says "ooooh!" as he leads. I fold faceup "accidently" like the douche that I am. Player behind calls

Results below...

BB Shows K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Cold Caller shows T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for 2 pair and win

at which point Cold Caller declares my folding JJ "was a mental mistake"

Is this a prime example of not folding for one bet into big pots? My friends who were playing at the table seem to think this pot was big enough to make this call, which I would have done in position even though it's highly likely BB has the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], but with the player behind me I can't see how I can reasonably call. Is this just a fluke like I think it is, or is this a limit HE leak of mine?