View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Warning from Party

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your all a bunch of cheats using poker edge!

PT and even GT+/Ace I can live with but not sharing a central database.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, the classic "My advantage isn't cheating, but your's is" argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

First things first, you made an incorrect assumption that I use PT/GT+ - I dont! I was just stating I can live with other players using them aslong as their pt database is their own work and not a collective effort like PE or sharing PT databases.

Secondly sharing hand History is against the T&C's for many of the poker sites which in turn would mean that sharing PT data is also against the T&C's.

I am personally very much against Party and the other Sites allowing datamining of observed hands. What were they thinking about when they did this eh? It only promotes datamining and collabaration.

Before long (if we dont already) we are going to be facing well written bots using exstensive PT/PE data, allowing the bots to play dyamnically based on the opponent. These bots essentially have a learn mode as they can review all previous history.

IMHO Things like PE and Shared PT databases will be one of the key ingredients for a seuccessful poker bot.

I bet you'll cry when those bots come along, but at the end of the day you will have essentially encouraged it by greed.