Thread: Saved by God?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Saved by God?

udontknowmickey, thanks for trying to clear things up for me but I have to admit that I'm still confused by this, but maybe it's just me. Your valient effort may have cleared things up for others though so it's all good. I just don't think I'll ever understand any fuzzy line between the notion that god supposedly has my destiny sewn up beforehand but what I do matters in some way to the determination of my destiny. Or the line between the notion that I'll be judged by what I do and the idea that god already knows what i'm going to do, which to me means that I don't have free will. In all honesty, I admit that I haven't taken the time and effort to study and deeply think about all the nuances and twists and turns on this free will issue. I'll also admit that I personally see enough illogical thinking related to much of organized religious thinking that I do not have the motivation to ever try to understand some of this stuff if it requires significant effort on my part as I feel I would be trying to grasp one aspect of a religion that I already have many other differences of opinion on. Therefore I would likely never convert even if I came to the point where some of these differences vanished for me. Just my personal belief.