View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Oh jesus! Dear God not again! - LC

[ QUOTE ]
In the space of 30 minutes and less than 100 hands I lost 10 buyins. I made no tiltesque plays, chased no long shot draws, and had no recourse to prayer.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's all swings and roundabouts for me now as well...

tho in my case some of my recent bad run this week has been down to donkish play and not just down to the inevitable bad beats that everyone gets landed with.

For me if I'm badly beaten but have played the hand well then I think s'okie - it's just the cards - and I can shrug it off without a worry - when I make bad plays and wipe out my stack I get sooooo frustrated with myself.

Everytime I lose my buyin - I get up walk away from pooter for at least 5 minutes - then come back and continue - usually at the same table (if I made a donk play and lost then this can be used for good advertising.. (?) )

after losing 7 buyins in the past 2 days I'm not playing my best game. as my PP account is down considerably I have moved down to $25NL.

Last time I played at this level I got killed. So I was wary about moving back down - this time around I'm doing much better - I've decided to stay at this level and work on my game until I crush these tables before moving back up, hopefully on my way back up I'll luck out and have a good upswing ...

It's reassuring to see posts from 2+2 ers who I regard as much better players than me who are also having bad swings.