Thread: Restealing.
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Restealing.

Re-stealing out of position (like in the blinds or by limp/re-raising in EP) does not seem like a very profitable strategy to me against good opponents. Basically he is saying "I want to play a big pot in position" by raising and you are saying "Fine, let's play a really big pot when you have position". Unless the guy has shown that he will fold too often pre- or post-flop, in which case fine run him over, it just seems like a bad idea. Good players will obviously catch on to the fact that you don't always have premium hands in these spots and they will let you hang yourself since your only way to win the hand will be to get them to fold. It's just ugly playing 67o out of position against a preflop raiser when you completely miss the flop. Seems like you are just bloating the pot for them to win it postflop since they are playing with position and most likely the best hand, too.

I'd rather counteract the fact that people 'steal' my blinds by attacking other people when I have position. That way I put THEM in the squeeze mentioned above.