View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Re: I\'m a dumb liberal

I have trouble defining my political views, anyone that knows me would say i'm definitely very right wing& conservative, but if I go into detail I would support a lot of "left wing" ideas. Which group do you think best supports these views (if it matters, I'm British btw):

Very liberal financial, and personal responsibility and freedom: low tax, low-to-no benefits, free markets, no free-loading.

Very liberal legally: no drugs restrictions, no consensual-sex restrictions, objective intelligent secular schooling and legal system.

Very conservative criminally: very harsh sentencing for people who break laws.

To summarize with an example, I think that if I have worked hard through school to get qualified and get a good job, I should be able to spend my money to buy anything, for example drugs. If on the other hand people break my laws, say stealing to feed a drug habit, then they should be put down. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Am I a conservative?

And why doesnt this party exist so I can vote for them? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I am surprised that liberal legal and liberal financial are rarely combined in a persons political opinions, it seems perfectly logical to me!