View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Some hands for checkup

PJ--

I think I play every one of these the same way.

1. This hand is clearly very read-based; I ain't folding AA to a shortstacked LAG. Obviously an easy river call when the 4 hits.

2. This is the most interesting decision in my opinion. I think that the decision to bet the turn or not depends a lot on your reads. Based on pre-flop, CO, even though a fish, is a bit less likely to have hit a pair on this board. The second 6 is a good card as it doesn't hit anyone elses hand. If you were ahead on the flop you're still ahead. In a three-way pot that's pretty protected by the fish, I'm happy to fold to a raise since it'll often mean I have no outs (and the pot isn't huge). Thus I like betting. So I like the way you played this.

3. This is standard. I don't like calling the river, but I'll call and usually lose here on the river against an unknown

4. This is the second-most interesting decision here. I like the turn check also. You've picked up so many outs that I really don't want to be raised here. K-high will be good here sometimes but we're also drawing a lot of the time. Giving a free card is hardly bad as we have a lot of ways to improve and the pot is small. I might prefer betting if the pot were a little bigger.

5. I dig it all. I don't see folding this river to be really worth it in the long run; the board is simply too dry and you're beating a ton of hands. Sometimes this might be a smaller A or complete snow.