Thread: The Crusades
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 11:06 PM

Default Re: The Crusades

DVaut1,

Paul Hill is clearly wrong in his interpretation of Christianity, as you can see for yourself if you just get a Bible with red-letter text and read the highlighted words of Jesus. Jesus' instructions are clearly: to not resist evil; to turn the other cheek; to forgive. The not resisting evil part is very key here. Others have misunderstood the teachings of Jesus, but they really aren't taking them literally and following them completely; if they were, they would have to be pacifists (as were the Early Christians).

Next, if you get a Koran and read through and find all the imjunctions to Muslims, the instructions given to them, you will see a mountain of injunctions to fight the infidel, to subjugate the infidel, to force the world to conform to Allah's will. I have posted many of these commands, perhaps even in the thread we are remembering; there are NOT any such commands given by Jesus, however. In fact, the injunctions given by Jesus are virtually the polar opposites of such directions.

The vast majority of Christian authorities, while certainly not all pacifists, nevertheless would agree that Paul Hill's interpretation and actions are wrong. HOWEVER, the vast majority of imams, do NOT say that the passages in the Koran advocating fighting and subjugating the infidel are wrong; rather, well, why don't you go and read for yourself what they themselves have said ( www.MEMRI.org ), or just listen to what the mullahs and imams say?

I now think you are sincere, but you just haven't read much of the Koran, or of the Gospels (since the Gospels contain the best known records of Jesus' words). If you would do those things, then familiarize yourself further with what prominent imams, mullahs, and even terrorists are saying, you might obtain a very different perspective about the whole thing (then again you might not). However if you are keenly interested, that is what I would recommend you do.