View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Hmmm AJo hand

An early PF betting range, opened up a little for the light limper, would be:

PP say 7's or better
Axo where x is 10 or better
Axs where x is say 6 or better

Other good SC say J10s or better.

The flop 2bet from button could be many of these hands including the PP, the Axo, Axs, and other club SC's.

As you say the turn call gets rid of the lower PP's and the slowness of his action was probably because he is trying to decide what you cc 2 with on the flop and lead out the turn with. I don't think he believes you have the straight, as given your tight image would you have cc 2 on the flop with a gutshot? If he's got a decent A he's probably now concerned with his kicker; AK or AQ would likely 2 bet here but AJ - A9 would have to think about how much they liked their kicker here.

The turn call getting 7:1 which would be easy to call with a 4-flush but, that gave him pause, makes me think he now has something he marginally likes like the A-10o.

So I do think there is value in betting this river, unless he's tricky enough to bluff-raise with worse hands like A-10 which would really put you in a bad spot.

My guess is he called down with something like A-10. The 5 may have helped you from a blind but very unlikely it helped him.