View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: QQ on str draw flop

[ QUOTE ]
Live 20-40. Villain plays pretty good but is steaming right now from the previous big hand he folded to me, asked me what I had and I left him hanging in the wind to wonder about it.

Villain calls from EP, I raise QQ from EMP, folded to decent/passive BB who calls, Villain calls.

Flop T 8 2r. BB checks, Villain bets, I raise, BB calls 2 cold, Villain 3 bets with authority as he did the previous hand but seems determined not to fold this one, I call, BB calls.

Turn brick puts 2 fl out. BB checks, Villain doesn't hesitate and bets , I call, BB calls.

River brick. BB checks, Villain doesn't hesitate and bets, I raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

SA I like it. Given the steam I'd be near certain he is raising TT and 88 PF rather than open limping, so 22 and T8s are your only real concern here. I also think he'd raise his big pockets and not risk limping with AA/KK. Chances are he'll 3-bet you with 22/T8s the river and you have an easy fold. I don't think he has another fold in him and will showdown whatever he has, which is why I like the river raise because he's only re-raising with a hand that beats yours IMO. As tilty as he gets, he has shown he is capable of making folds to your aggression, but he won't lay down a made hand here even if it's weaker because by not answering him the last time, he will now certainly want to know what you are holding this time. The only exception is a whiffed draw, in which case he isn't calling your raise again and it will increase his tilt because he doesn't know what you have again! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]