Thread: 15/30 questions
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 05:11 AM

Default Re: 15/30 questions

Well I hope it is possible as I just made the move myself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I started seriously playing on Jan 1st of this year after mostly being a bonus whore before that. I read SSH and began my journey on $2/4. I played about 90k hands and ran around 2.75bb/100 overall. I ran about 3.4bb/100 since June though, once I learned the art of thet semi-steal, blind steal, and blind defense. Thanks in large part to this post by Evan - Some general thoughts on blind stealing and the links inside it, especially the one by Nate on his 15 blind stealing experiment.

As of Dec. 10th I made the jump from 2/4 directly to 15/30. I was going to try 3/6, 5/10, and 10/20 first, but they are all mostly short handed games and I didn't want to have to pick up this new style, so I just said eff it. I was a little underolled for the 15 as I made some major withdrawals for xmas, but after watching the games and mining I felt I could beat it. So I took my 7k and said lets rock.

So far I've logged in about 10k hands and have ran around 2.5bb/100. Obviously these stats are rather meaningless at this point, but I have felt VERY comfortable at the level. There are definitely some adjustments to be made for aggression, but once you get a feel for it, it is not bad at all. I also make sure to practice very good table selection and there are very few times I play at a table w/o several fish and stats on everyone else. Also, the buddy list is your friend [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

With the good table selection the most games I have had going at once is 7, but I average around 3 tables as I don't mess around with lame TAG tables.

So that is my story and it seems like you are in a fairly similar boat. Good luck and keep us informed. I'll do the same.