View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: It\'s too quiet in here....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure about the rest but I'm sure my hand is strong enough to check raise the river with. What exactly do I have to be afraid of? A badly played flush is it as far as I can see. (Outside chance of a 2 pair including the 7 both because I have one and also because the flush might protect me from being 3-bet anyway)

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the time, given how he's played the hand, I don't see him calling the c/r but I can see him calling a normal bet a lot. When he calls the c/r I don't know that your hand will be good > 50% of the time. Given how weakly he has played the hand I don't think he'll bluff or value bet the river nearly as often as he'll call.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, what hands beat me? Both you and TStone said this and it didn't occur to me. Can you spell it out for me? I figured I was ahead by a huge amount.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are ahead by a huge amount. But I think there are a ton of hands that will check behind when you check, few hands that will bluff given how passively he has played the hand so far, and if you get 2 bets in on the river, I don't think your hand is going to be good very often. Does that make more sense? I think you've got the best hand a fair % of the time here when you bet and are called, but when you c/r and are called, I think that # goes down significantly. I just don't see Q5o betting this river and paying a c/r off very often at all.

Rob