View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Is there a single hand I\'m ahead of here?

[ QUOTE ]
I simply want to know if there's any chance I'm ahead on the flop, and if I'm not, what reasonable draws do I have?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what the others are saying is there's no way to know this without reads.

You know what a tight 3bet range is, and you're behind every one of those hands except (maybe) 99 (you know, I guess I'm not sure what a tight 3bet range is, too much 6max lately).

Here it's useful to know two things; does our man 3bet light generally (you say you didn't notice him 3bet in an hour or more of playing, so it seems likely he's tight with it), and what is your own table image? Is it possible the other players think you're raising light and would adjust to that?

I've been getting 3bet a lot by AJo, and ATo lately. I make a point to make a note when that happens, as I don't think of those as 3betting hands personally. But of course, if I have a read a guy raises light, then I open that up myself, and I'm more willing to 3bet AJo or KQo.

This is a roundabout way of saying there's no way to know for sure if you're ever ahead here. Against a reasonable opponent you probably aren't, but many many people at .5/1 aren't reasonable.

BTW, I generally don't cap AQs preflop either, although in a multiway (4 handed or more, including myself) I might think about it. I've been playing at Absolute for a while though, so I don't see many multiway pots. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I think your K outs are good for at least a split, and beyond that I can't say.