View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: I\'m experimenting. Live 10/20.

It's funny you should bring up this line because I've been thinking about it quite a bit recently. Basically, any time the flop comes rainbow with 1 non-Ace broadway and 2 rags, I think this line is optimal when you are holding any 2 cards. I think it has the same fold equity as a flop CR and turn lead, but is cheaper. An added benefit to this line is the strangeness of it. I find that an opponent will often check behind on the river when he calls the turn, probably out of confusion. So, you often get to showdown cheap when you otherwise would have been bluffed out of the pot. And, they will often miss value bets on the end when you are beaten but want to showdown because you spike a pair on the end (not in the 22 example, but other hands like 98 where you spike an 8).

A lot of people will say that you are getting raised on the turn often when you donk, but I think those players that are raising your donk are also 3-betting your flop CR or waiting for the turn to raise. Plus, I doubt that it's a line that you would use against over-aggro players, especially those that are aggressive with medicore holdings on the turn.