View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Please help me settle a football argument-Colts

As has been mentioned before, Harrison was signed to a long term deal last November. Stokely (the 3rd wideout) was also resigned. Both Edge and Reggie Wayne are free agents at the end of this season.

I think the Colts passing attack is so effective because they have so many viable options at wideout. I wonder what the effect will be if the Colts cannot keep Wayne next year. To me that's the bigger question. (And is it just me, or despite the good stats did it seem like Wayne was dropping more passes than normal last night?)

Bill Polian (team pres) has said that keeping Edge is a priority, but it depends on the outcome of the new collective bargaining agreement. They can't throw a ton of money his way without the salary cap going up significantly. They can give him the franchise tag again next year though, if they feel that's the only way to keep him.

I'd expect the Colts to go into the draft looking at what's available in the late first round and second round at running back and see if they can get any steals. If so, it frees up money to spend on defensive talent since the can let Edge sign elsewhere.