View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Something I have been thinking about

fwiw... In this player's opinion image is, indeed, a very relevant immediate factor and is enough of same that I will leave an otherwise good table because I've shown down badly, got caught stealing several times in a row, 3 bet a river on a thin value bet, etc.

Notwithstanding the potential tilt (I'm certain that you have pretty good control of this - your posting history assures me of this), even subtle tilt, your opps are invariably emboldened against you.

Solutions are to leave and return after a while, hopefully, in a different position.

On the other hand... if the table looks like it is one of those tables that may stay status quo for a couple of hours (a fairly rare occurence, but an occurence nonetheless) then it seems ok to tough it out, rebuild the image and take it from there.

Finally, and this is another level of the game that I, for one, have yet to come to grips with, but that I feel the better players can deal with using a negative table image to their advantage by altering/adjusting their play. In fact, I was talking to friend of mine about this exact concept and its application in low-mid limit and the potential for lagtardiness, etc. Anyway, it is ongoing discussion.

Anyway... sorry if this is a hijack.