View Single Post
Old 04-02-2004, 06:06 AM

Default Re: All-in Abuse, Party

Predictably weak response from Party. Unfortunately too many sites are like this with regard to this issue.

The fact that he's been reported more than once speaks volumes. They're assuming he has an unstable internet connection. If this was the case why would you risk playing big bet poker?

As for 'more than what might be normal' I think across all the sites I've played I've been disconnected mid-hand on possibly 1 (maybe 2) occasions in 8 months or so. I find it 'funny' that most of the disconnects I see from other players always seems to be with a drawing hand when facing a raise. Perhaps Party is particularly unstable at these times.

Unfortunately I've given up believing that the majority of Poker sites will ever take this seriously. The only solution is to determine how much exposure to it you're prepared to accept and play any games above this at sites which remove the all-in protection completely. Also, make sure you make a note on every player who you see do this - at least then you can pre-warn yourself and choose not to sit down with these low-lifes.

Sheriff

PS: Did this response come from the main Party customer service people or the special alerts@partypoker.com address. If its from them then you have to ask why they bother having a 'special team' looking at this stuff.