View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: I\'m buying 2 kittens this week

I'll agree that food getting caught between the teeth causes decay, but not that it doesn't clean the teeth. The cat's teeth don't work like identically opposed pincers that release pressure at the moment the structural integrity of the food is compromised; a cat follows through and chews at least a little, like everyone else does. It veers into the absurd to say that abrasive foods will not abrade the teeth, or that cat food will not scrape down the teeth, you will find a way to get wedged between them. It's got to be one or the other. And since we know without question that food can get wedged between teeth pretty easily, ir follows that it must follow a path to get there -- by being chewed down the teeth in the exact same manner as would accomplish cleansing of the teeth.

I have a problem with the web site you listed. It seems to push its arguments much too far, and with more assurance than logic. Every paragraph feels like an agenda being stridently pushed. By my take, this lady thinks dry food and cereal based foods might as well be the root of all evil, and she injects thoughts on same even where inappropriate, much like a religious nut always manages to wedge Jesus into every subject.

I understand she has her feelings and ideas about things, but there is more than one vet in the world, and many don't follow her line. If I were to take confidence in her ideas, they would probably have to come from somebody else.