View Single Post
Old 09-19-2003, 05:51 AM

Default How to get centered again...my play is just lackluster lately....

I am not losing...I am not winning...but have I been before. I know that my play has probably moved to weak-tight, and I just don't trust my reads, though they are usually correct. I believe that my change in play may be related to the fact that I am finally and fully positive by at least 2000$ (having made back about 2000$ also) since starting to play three years ago. This may not be much, but it has all come from games that are no highed than 2/4, but most 1/2 or .50/1. I guess I am just lacking a center now...my goal was to get even...then to 1000$ etc...now I am thinking about either cashing some to pay bills, or moving up. But somehow this has become distracting any loss seems like a huge loss, though I have never lost more than 20 BB in a session lately. What can I do to liven my game again? I have read and re-read and re-read, and I almost feel burnt out...but yet, I want to play...and kinda need to, as I use this as my 2nd part-time job now as of late. I would figure there has to be a pro here somewhere [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] that has had to keep his game sharp, and ideas fresh, no matter how they feel, 'cause they have to play.

Long winded, useless post, I am sure, but can anyone help? Other have said to play other card games, like Gin, but even doing that has not helped....

Winning player looking to "love" the game again...please help.