Thread: What is a hand?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Re: What is a hand?

Took me a while to figure out what HOHE meant eventhough I just read that book.

I really liked it a lot. He has a lot of examples of online single table tournaments, but wherever the example is from he goes through his thinking very clearly. He never touches on buy-in or the blind structures which are topics that are so relevant in this forum, so don't blindly do what he does, but thinking through the hands yourself and reading his comments afterwards is very valuable whether you agree exactly or not.

Scuba, unless I have you mixed up with someone else, you are very conservative and you in particular probably find some of Harrington's advice a bit loose both preflop and after flopping second pair or something.

I would think his one-table advice is sometimes a little better at the higher buy-ins where you can't afford to miss even small +$EV moves.

Is this also true is a large tourney? I mean not being able to miss small +$EV spots? Maybe because you are up against such a large field which will certainly contain a decent number of very good players, even if the average player isn't that good.

Sorry, El Maximo, for not discussing this book on your board.