View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: First Limit Session, I really SUCK

Hey, welcome!

Hand 1: Yeah, by the turn cap it's likely he has AA, but nothing wrong with your betting here, IMO. You absolutely can't lay it down, because to profit on the river call all you need is a 1-in-15 chance of being ahead, and you're going to win more often than that (dependent on how tight/aggressive villain is).

Hand 2: With that PF 3-bet, button could have a whole range of hands that beat your two pair, and by the turn a possible flush as well. After a flop c/r, a turn c/r isn't very valuable: if he's ahead he's going to 3-bet you (and cost you money), if he's behind he's going to check behind (and cost you money). Sure let you know where you stood, though, didn't it? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 3: Again, this is kind of read-dependent, but I'd say CO liked that Q. I'd bet the turn anyway (3-handed, there's less of a chance that someone had a queen). If he raises, call. then c/c the river.

Hand 4: I know reraising TT is scary, but it accomplishes a few things: 1) knocks out the kind of hands that would beat you by pairing their J, 2) gives you a pot worth playing for, and 3) lets you know where your opponent stands. As it stood, from the flop on you were right to bet.

<looks at result> See how your opponent in hand 4 played those queens? Never do that.

All in all, not much wrong here. Get reads; supress the urge to c/r too much. And stay away from my tables!