Thread: 100/200 9Ts
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Re: 100/200 9Ts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Woa how can you not CR the flop??

[/ QUOTE ]

he didn't want to lose the fish and be HU OOP w/ a solid player on the later streets.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

In many hands this would be a legitimate consideration, but I don't think that's applicable here. With this flop and the size of the pot, you're going to the river, and most likely showdown. Once you've decided this, then the proper thing to do is to try to increase your chances of winning the pot, by raising out the third guy, EVEN if he is a fish and EVEN if there's a good chance you'll be reraised. Keep in mind that getting reraised isn't the worst thing in the world since you have 8 outs for the straight, 2 outs for trips and likely 3 outs for two-pair (especially if the third guy goes out). With 2 cards to come, you're almost even money heads up. And if the fish calls, and the other guy reraises, you're still getting proper return with 11 outs. So reraising is a no-brainer.

Plus there is some chance that you have the best hand. And if you don't want to play heads-up against the tough guy, you can simply back off and check and call the rest of the way after the fish is gone.

I'm sorry, but failure to checkraise that flop is such a glaring mistake that I can't even get to the rest of the play of the hand.