View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: 3/6 stud 8 wired aces 4th st c/r

[ QUOTE ]
What's good about the checkraise: a pair of aces is a money favorite over a low draw with weak scoop potential. Checkraise gets money into the pot when you have the equity.

What's bad about the checkraise: it gives the game away, announcing that you have a high hand. In fact your low potential is very limited, and your scoop potential comes largely from the situations where your opponent draws for and misses her low.

[/ QUOTE ]

with aces up on 4th, i'd be more inclined to want to encourage action - what if the opponent had 5572, would you want to encourage action against your one pair? I don't think so, unless this were stud high. Even against 3472, you don't want the player to neccessarily stick around past 5th st. with a 50% chance to snag 1/2 the pot, but with only a smallish pot, i guess you wouldn't mind a call there with a 5th st. brick.

I hope others will disagree with me, explaining to me why that I want action to the river as a slight favorite, as opposed to wishing to scoop a smaller pot? The reason I think I'm right is that one way hands, even these aces which benefit from fewer players, go down in value heads up. Your opponent might have 5572 which is a two way hand, albeit a weak one.