View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 05:02 AM

Default Re: A Smart Christian

[ QUOTE ]
http://uspolitics.about.com/b/a/155906.htm

This about.com website discredits the claim that the Schaivo Doctor was nominated at all but also makes the case that its not ok for anyone to claim they were nominated

[/ QUOTE ]

From the Link:
"According to the Statutes of the Nobel Foundation, information about the nominations is not to be disclosed, publicly or privately, for a period of fifty years. The restriction not only concerns the nominees and nominators, but also investigations and opinions in the awarding of a prize. Nomination information older than fifty years is public.
So, if he had been truly nominated -- he would be violating fundamental Nobel Foundation principles to say that. "

If that's how it is then it looks fishy in the article I linked to, to see Dr. "Fritz" Schaefer reported as having been nominated. I don't recall seeing claims of being "nominated" for the Nobel prize before.

I thought Schaefer might be Super Smart to have been nominated. Maybe not Super Duper Smart since he didn't win it, but still pretty darn smart. However, if claiming to have been nominated is automatically bogus I would have to demote him from Super Smart to something less than just plain smart.

PairTheBoard