View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: TT $22 level 3. I think I hate all 4 decisions I made.

Level 3 has been giving me fits lately for just this reason. The usual disclaimer when I make the first reply to a post: I'm definitely still learning so take the following with that in mind.

Some donk min-raises and you have a good hand. Although it's strong, the most likely situation here is you're facing a coinflip. So you have 3 choices: fold, call or raise.

I think calling is the worst of the 3. You'll have no idea where you stand. Also, if you're going to play this you'd prefer to be heads-up with villian. There are probably going to be overcards on the flop. The more people in the pot the higher the chances are that someone is going to connect.

I think folding TT here is probably too weak. I don't know if I'd go so far as to say horrible, but I'm playing it. This is a bit of a change for me as of late. Looking over some of my stats I've noted that level 3 has been a weakness for me and I think this is a good example of why. It's a little scary to get involved here with TT against a raise, but you're starting to run out of time. You didn't mention when the blinds were going up, but when they do you're going to be <8BB if you don't find some chips. Passing up on an opportunity to get them with TT can't be a good thing.

So that leaves raising. Based on your read I think you're getting a call no matter how much you raise. You have 840, there's 175 in the pot. It would be nice you if you could make a decent raise which didn't commit you to the flop, isolate villan and use your position to play post flop. However, you just don't have enough chips to do this. So I think you have to raise all-in.

As things worked out, you have to bet the flop. There's 275 chips in the middle, unless he happens to have KK or KT you're way ahead and he's already showed you he's willing to draw with improper odds. Push and expect a call.

The turn: ugh. You could very well be behind but not necessarily, and I don't think you're getting away from this one.