View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 05:38 AM

Default Re: Bottom set from blind fills on river...your move

[ QUOTE ]
Party 200NL 6max. Villain is pretty unremarkable, I haven't particularly noticed him which must mean he's been keeping to himself. I start with $305 and he has me covered by a bit.

Preflop:
One limper, villain limps on the button and I complete the SB with black 66. BB checks and we see a flop.

Flop ($8): 6 Q 7 rainbow

I lead for $6, only villain calls.

Turn ($22): [6 Q 7] J, putting two clubs up

I lead for $15, villain raises to $30, I call.

River ($72): [6 Q 7] J J

Hero...?

What range of hands do you put the villain on? How do we maximize in this spot? Is there a case for reraising the turn?

The Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say most likely AQ or Q7. Those hands are usually strong enough for a delayed reraise, and raising your flop bet would drive you out if you had tpgk/mk. And because of this read I would reraise the turn. QJ is also possible, so reraise stands. Your biggest worry at this point would be 77, and a huge rr after yours would basically be his course of action I think.

In your situation I'd check because you have simply too little information. The problem is: what does he put you on. Could you possibly represent QQ's to stop him from betting out huge? His problem is, if he represents J's (if he has them or not), you won't call such a bet on the river.

Sooo, yes, I think I would slow down. And he probably will too.