Thread: Advice on a set
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 12:44 PM

Default Advice on a set

I've been running really bad on Empire SnG's lately. AKs vs. AKs, a loser. AA vs. AQ, a loser. AA vs. JJ, loser. AK vs. AQ, TPTK queen on river for a loss, etc. etc.

So I know it's been effecting my decisions on some plays and to be honest have made some marginal mistakes that cost me some money finishes.

So the hand in question is I'm in the BB with 77, BB is T200 and I have just shy of a thousand after posting. There are five players left and UTG & UTG1 call. Flop comes K79 two clubs and the 7 is one of them. I check, UTG goes all-in with T400+, UTG1 goes all-in with T1100+. I call with my remaining chips. To be honest there was no doubt in my mind that I was beat, I had a friend who was watching me play and was so giddy saying push, push. I actually turned to him and said "I'm beat". I chalked this up to the horrible run of loses and said this is an easy push every time.

I'm wondering if anybody would be able to lay this down? All the logic in my brain says easy push, but my body or "intuition" was saying fold.