View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Auto remember & resize util for party beta

Is anybody having any luck with this program?

I only wrote it this afternoon, but so far it seems to be working fine and is auto-resizing all windows (only small bug is when you try to leave the table, the dialog box where party asks "do you really want" to leave auto resizes by accident - this is caused by the way I detect party windows via the "Table " prefix in the title - easy to fix later...).

I have had it running for about 2 hours 10 tabling (in 1024x768) with both 'Multi-table-helper' (by orca) and with PlayerView [with a custom mini overlay layout] at the same time (I dont have PAH, but I guess I should get from reviews... can anyone test it with PAH to see it works ok?).
<font color="green">
One thing that may help peeps trying the beta, is that in the process of today I worked out that this beta is basically 'blitting' a layer or layers of the original party window (blitting is basically moving around bitmaps/images in memory...), but I THINK it is using raw GDI windows code for this (no harware aceleration); meaning that there is alot of bitmaps being moved about.
</font><font color="red">
For ME, simply using 16bit colour rather than 32bit colour has significantly improved the performance of party beta. It now is using about 1/2 the CPU time it was before, as I guess now it is blitting 16bpp rather than 32bpp. Possibly this could help others gain a performance increase too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
</font>
Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]