Thread: Flop overbet
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Flop overbet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Villain is a loose raiser, then you should have re-raised him PF since you quite likely have the best hand and have position on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like an announcer for Live-At-The-Bike. Those are reasons not to reraise him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I misunderstood your initial post. I thought you meant that he raises something like 25% of the time, and every time he does so, he raises to 3xBB. If this is what you meant, then I think you're giving up tremendous value by not re-popping him PF with a hand as strong as 10-10. Maybe this guy is so good that he pushes AA-JJ and folds everything else here, but I kind of doubt it.

If, on the other hand, you meant that he raises a normal percentage of the time, and sometimes, but not always, he only raises to 3xBB, then I definitely agree with just calling with 10-10 here.

As for the rest of the hand, of course you're significantly ahead of some of the cards he could be holding, but I believe that you're either barely ahead or, more likely, behind the range of hands that most opponents make this kind of bet with.

Oh, and if you can't take constructive criticism of the way you played this hand, then don't post.