View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Re: dazed and confused

Call flop 3-bet. Call turn. Re-evaluate on river. You're getting 12:1 on the flop call with 5 outs to 2-pair or trips, and you'll be getting ~8:1 on his turn lead. Forty hands isn't much and he could just be having a good run of cards to get those stats -- I might call or fold the river UI if it is possible he plays an 8 this way. I think raising here or the turn is significantly likely to fold a losing hand and get -three bet by a better hand, and if he's behind he has like 4 outs at best (gutshot) unless he could possibly play a FD this way or would be nutsy enough to play a lone 3 this way.

This is a really weird way to play a flush draw, so I am discounting the threat of a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] FD pretty significantly. It seems a more likely approach for a weak made hand (he checks intending to C/R your flop bet to face CO with 2 and goes ahead with the plan even after CO leads). Could be a set of 3's too in which case we're in real trouble, but this feels to me like a good hand to look him up on, particularly with your decent hand and the chances to improve. Any read on his post-flop tendencies could alter my suggested line.