View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Analysis of my new aggressive play (Well thought, 12 hands, long)

[ QUOTE ]
It’s a cheap tournament and I don’t expect people to take it as serious as I would. People are gonna be drawing out when the odds don’t warrant it and are gonna call all-ins with marginal hands. Keeping that in mind I am going to play fairly conservative the first four levels (5/10, 10/20, 15/30, 20/40). The risk-vs-reward is just to small during these blinds and its going to be hard to move people off of their hands for another 100-300 or so during these levels. If I do hit a good hand I am gonna push it for as much valve as possible seeing people tend to pay off value bets and the likes on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is contradictory. You are saying people will not be as focused or take it as seriously as you. Therefore they will play loose and go all-in with poor draws, as dogs. And then you talk about pushing people off of their hands. Why would you want to push folks off of their hands if they are drawing more and getting their money in as draws? The risk vs reward is huge dude. You risk 25 chips to make possibly 1500 on many different hands? You've gotta play loose here and make a stack for yourself. Like calling with 8-10d in late position. I like that move.

I don't have time to read all your hands yet, but I will later today hopefully.

Brad