View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Many Random Thoughts

Thanks dude.

I've read all ther books you are referring to with the exception Ciaffone. I have his Middle Limit book but what NL book are you referring to?

Is it this one?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...ce&s=books

Do you think HoH strategies work better at the larger MTT's? I find that at the 3-table tourneys if I get cold decked in the beginnig or miss flops early I'm short stacked and need to play catchup the rest of the way. Before I know it I'm going all-in on the button with A20 before I get blinded away. (I feel like a noob who wants his raises to be respected LOL. Since your implied odds can be so good against a single player and you can lose your whole stack in NL, I actually think this is much more important than in limit.)

I also find that some of his raising recommendations seem ineffective in these lower $$ tourneys. For instance if I raise 4x the BB in EP with AK or TT and I still get called in 4 places I have to hit the flop to win. If I don't hit the flop I'm short stacked and have only one or two chances to get back in the tourney. It seems to me that these 4X and 5x raises are designed to get us HU (or steal the blinds) more often than they in fact do. I found I was actually doing better before reading HoH when I played it like limit ie. just raising 2X the BB because I was giving myself more chances to enter pots and hit monsters and double up. Does this make sense or am I just too stoopfid to beat bad players let alone good ones?