View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 11:52 PM

Default Re: PP 10+1 SNG - Bottom set on a sickly coordinated flop

I think with that many people seeing the flop, there's a decent chance someone already has the flush. The only reason why people are LESS likely to have a flopped flush than normal, is b/c there's an A on the flop. But early stages at $10 level, many people like to play any two suited (K4s, 96s, I see that crap all the time). Doubtful you're up against a higher set (although some people min raise with AA).

Betting on the flop doesn't seem like a good idea. Even though you MIGHT have the best hand here, you'll likely get called by a K hi flush draw, with even an allin bet (at $5-$10 level, almost no bet gets someone off a flush draw), and that's not a GREAT gamble. And if you don't have the best hand, you don't want to risk all your chips on a drawing hand this early.

At the $10 level, people will some people slowplay a flopped flush (even if it's like J hi or something crazy). I'd probably check the flop for a free card to try and improve with that many people. If the turn is not a diamond, bet like 1-1.5x pot or so, and see if you get raised.

Although, sometimes I just get an urge to allin, and you get called by a flush and you feel like an idiot (btw: about 33:66 that you'll beat a flopped flush with a flopped set by river). But the more annoying part is getting called by the flush draw and then getting outdrawn.